Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations global. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The GSAM Nordic Team is responsible for business, solution & product development for new clients and our existing client base. Our clients are among the region’s most sophisticated and include insurance companies, pension funds, financial institutions, distributors, foundations and endowments across Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway and Sweden. This particular role will be based in Copenhagen or Stockholm.
Working in the GSAM Nordic team offers the opportunity to take full ownership of engagement with leading investors giving unique insight into the core topics and challenges at the forefront of long term investing. By covering our full range of offerings, you will further develop a deep understanding of each asset classes and their function in a broader portfolio, supported by our own world-class investors. The role demands intellectual curiosity, outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong attention to detail while our meritocratic team structure allows for accelerated personal growth and an unparalleled opportunity set.
- Delivering content-driven advice to some of the most sophisticated clients globally in order to build new sustainable client relationships based on content, transparency and trust.
- Strong understanding of the decision making process for clients’ asset allocations and the interplay of asset classes in their portfolios with a particular focus on ESG and alternatives.
- Developing and assuming ownership of deep relationships with stakeholders at all levels within our clients’ organizations, in order to understand clients’ objectives, structural, portfolio, investment and information need.
- Expanding existing relationships by delivering superior client coverage.
- Mastering our broad range of strategies and managing internal relationships across various GSAM product teams, as well as other functions such as risk & performance, legal, compliance and operations, to efficiently serve our client base.
- Delivering the best of Goldman Sachs to our clients through senior management engagement, events, information provision, training and connectivity with broader firm initiatives and teams.
- Managing longer term projects related to changes in client mandates (e.g. portfolio restructuring or guideline amendments) or applicable regulation
- Working on special projects that build out the service model and infrastructure needed to create scale and efficiencies within the client function.
- Fluency (written and oral proficiency) in any Nordic language is required, with a preference for Swedish or Danish
- 2 years + experience from either asset management, private equity, markets/securities or investment banking, in a client facing or investing role.
- University degree or equivalent combined with financial industry experience.
- A good understanding of fundamental and quantitative investment strategies including global fixed income & currency, fundamental equity, QIS and alternative investment strategies.
- Familiarity with investment vehicles and structures, primarily funds and separately managed accounts.
- Interest in portfolio construction, risk management or accounting principles would be beneficial.
- Project management and organisational skills with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communicative abilities and a team player mentality.
- Motivated professional with strong work ethic
- Strong commercial acumen
Read more about the position and apply