BNP Paribas is a leading global bank employing 190,000 across 75 countries. CIB is the investment banking division of BNP Paribas focused on providing our clients with M&A and strategic advisory, financing and capital market services via a global network of 20,000 employees in over 50 countries.
The Nordic region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas. The Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every CIB business line in the region. Within this context, the Nordic Investment Banking team is seeking analytical and entrepreneurial candidates with a firm grasp of complex financial concepts and a drive to work in a highly dynamic, meritocratic and rewarding workplace for its 2021 Internship Programme. The Stockholm-based internships last for 20 weeks and offer successful candidates an opportunity to work in both a global and local context and to be directly involved in large, complex cross-border M&A and ECM transactions in support of Nordic and international clients.
Main duties & responsibilities
Your role consists of assisting the Nordic Investment Banking team in originating and executing transactions. You will be exposed to a wide range of clients and projects. The role includes (but is not limited to):
- Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies and their industries
- Building and updating financial models
- Gathering market data to analyse industry contextand help value and price transactions
- Drafting presentations and memorandums for both internal and external clients
- Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you will be asked to actively participate
- Knowledge of accounting and valuation techniques; Past practical experiences will be considered
- Can do-mentality and strong quantitative / technical abilities
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Excellent academic track record and fluency in English and a Scandinavian language
Currently we offer 1 Off-cycle internship for 2021. Start and end dates are flexible within the stated cycle. Cycle 1: August – December
We are open for applications until July 15th and will conduct interviews on a rolling basis. Apply via our career portal with: CV and cover letter, detail for which cycle you are applying and an academic transcripts and references, if applicable.
For further information, please contact: Nordic.IB.firstname.lastname@example.org
In collaboration with BNP Paribas