We are looking for talent! Are you, or do you know, our next colleague?
OQAM is a value-driven quantitative asset management company with an open-minded and innovative culture. We have a genuine and passionate interest in finance, people, and technology. Our first product ia is a quantitative hedge fund. We put great pride in being able to employ students and help them gain practical experience. We promise a steep learning curve and that you receive an important role at the company. We are now looking for two students that want to be a part of our growth journey.
What we offer
You will be part of a team of people who value sharing experiences and knowledge and who see work as an opportunity to grow both professionally and as human beings. The team consists of people that have experience from successfully managing large investment mandates, building software systems for the investment management industry as well as building and running asset management companies, and several friendly and ambitious student employees. Our offices in Malmö are located close to Malmö Centralstation. You will work within our Front Office together with three full-time employees and three part-time student employees. Responsibilities during internship and in potential part-time position after successful completion of the internship will involve:
- Order execution across global markets, multiple asset classes, and instruments. Best execution of orders (including algorithmic strategies) generated by and as per instructions from our proprietary system. Considering e.g., market order flows, market conditions, liquidities, transaction costs, and market impact. No proprietary trading. Close monitoring of algorithmic trading as well as risk parameters. Highlighting any anomalies and/or issues to CIO/PM’s. Work hours will include weekday mornings, evenings, and Sunday nights, on a rolling schedule.
- Market microstructure research. Analysis and improvements of trading strategies.Including execution of trades without signaling intentions to other market participants. This kind of research requires an ability to handle multi-dimensional data of high frequency and development of in-depth knowledge of market microstructure behavior
- Improving the efficiency of processes connected to trading e.g., exchanges, order types, and brokers.
- Improving and developing monitoring tools and software to address operational challenges and to enhance operational efficiency.
- Responsibility for ad hoc projects.
Who are you?
Apart from looking for the right persons and people who value what we offer, we are looking for people who value getting hands-on experience during their studies. We truly appreciate applicants:
- Being open-minded, value-driven, curious, and pragmatic.
- Having a high degree of personal integrity and who are reliable and trustworthy.
- Being self-motivated, well organized, able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and having the ability to work under pressure.
- Having excellent technical and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Enrolled at the Faculty of Engineering or the School of Economics and Management at a top-tier university in a quantitative related field of study.
- Having a strong interest in financial markets.
- Who after successful completion of the internship are interested in 10- 20 hours of work per week, including during the school’s winter and summer breaks.
In terms of skills, we are looking for students that have a profound interest and proficiency in, and are interested in developing qualities related to the following:
- Financial markets and financial research;
- Asset management and trading; and/or
- Data science and data analysis ( Python, C#, SQL).
Please note that your personality, interest, curiosity, and eagerness to learn are what we value most.
If you are interested but have further questions, please do not hesitate to send an email to our CEO, Andreas at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at +46705916698. You are also more than welcome to contact one of our current student employees, Kristoffer Nordströmat +46 722347002 if you have any practical questions and you deem his input might be helpful.
In collaboration with OQAM